Every day, MSU Spartans work to create life-changing solutions for a better world.
Our actions are powered by more than a century-and-a-half commitment to empowering ordinary people to do extraordinary things. Working together and collaboratively, we can move mountains—or preserve them for future generations.
Today, MSU is one of the world’s top research universities and one of the nation’s top five sustainable campuses. And every day—through teaching, research, outreach, and campus innovation—Spartans are working to improve the quality of life at MSU and in communities around the globe.
The impact? Clean and affordable energy. Access to education and to safe food and water supplies. Improved health. Less work. More efficiency. And a more hopeful and sustainable future for all.
Use this site to explore:
- Stories of sustainability at MSU
- Academic programs that focus on the environment and sustainability
- Research that makes an impact by saving lives and natural resources
- Partnerships with people, organizations, businesses, and communities worldwide
- Campus operations with a holistic approach to reducing greenhouse gases and waste
For more information about sustainability at MSU, contact:
Office of Campus Sustainability
408 W. Circle Drive, Room 112
East Lansing, MI 48824-1047
By 2015, MSU plans to reduce campus
waste by 30 percent, energy consumption
by 15 percent, and greenhouse gas
emissions by 15 percent.